Global Leader in Talent Acquisition within OT/ICS/IoT Cybersecurity
Position: Regional Director of Sales
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Territory: South Africa
Compensation: Well Above Market – plus equity options
Our client is a market leader in the booming area of Operational Technology, Industrial Control System (OT, ICS) cyber security and is looking for talent globally to continue its success!
You will be doing your part to protect human lives as well as millions in revenue by being the focal point for the company to grow revenue in the assigned territory. This will include net new business as well as renewal growth. You’ll support the education, promotion and adoption of a bleeding edge technology which uses machine learning and behavioral analytics to help asset owners protect their Operational Technology or Industrial Control Systems (ICS) environments. In this role, you will have to be an expert in enterprise security sales, networking, growing net new business in an emerging market and most importantly, a closer.
Key responsibilities: what you will be doing day in and day out
- Working remotely to drive Net New sales opportunities and develop market for your given territory
- Achieve quarterly and annual revenue and growth targets by establishing sales goals and monitoring the status of these goals; take necessary action to ensure sales targets are achieved
- Research and develop relationships with organizations in our key target markets of Critical Infrastructure (Chemical, Manufacturing, Oil and Gas, Power Generation, Water, Utilities, Production) to identify cybersecurity needs and identify key individuals at potential client companies
- Personally oversee and be the primary point-of-contact for your customers, qualify and analyze customer needs and continually provide solutions.
- Engage Partners as well as Sales Engineering team in closing deals with key accounts and influence business initiatives for future success within the region
- Design strategic sales plans using competitive analysis, customer segmentation plans, and strategic product positioning
- Forecast and report revenue projections to management and deliver a predictable pipeline to drive forecast accuracy
- Helping protect your country’s critical infrastructure
- What We Want To See From You:
- 7-10+ years of direct sales within a sales organization (preferably within cybersecurity, Enterprise IT or Software within Industrial Controls or Operational Technology environments) closing complex deals.
- Demonstrated success in achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Excellent communication skills: own messaging and be able to A/B test different approaches to senior executives and other stakeholders in the buying chain
- A bit of humor combined with “pit-bull” instincts needed to drive leads to conversion (meeting) and ensure they progress through the sales cycle
- Experience in Cyber Security – advantage
- Experience in Cyber Security within Critical Infrastructure? – Bigger advantage
- Ability to thrive on a competitive team who takes pride in being the market leader and pushes to stay that way.
Key requirements: without these you’re probably not the best fit
- Ability to present like a professional making 6 figures
- No fear of working with smaller, agile, hard driving team.
- Dogged determination/competitiveness – You want to win and are used to winning
- Strong negotiation, organizational, written, product demo, and verbal communication skills required.
- Self-starter who will default into action and demand assistance when needed.
About Verge Management Group– We are the global leader in connecting our partners with talent for OT/ICS Cybersecurity jobs.
Resumes presented to Verge Management Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to our client company, VMG will shine as a full-service firm. Therefore; you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations.VMG LinkedIn