Global Leader in Talent Acquisition within OT/ICS/IoT Cybersecurity
Position: Senior Industrial Security Engineer
Location: Remote Locations (TOLA, or Central US)
Compensation: Total Compensation $165- $200k PLUS (uncapped) and equity options
Our client is a market leader in the booming area of Operational Technology (OT), Internet of Things (IoT), and Industrial Control System (ICS) cyber security and is looking for talent globally to continue its success!
You will be doing your part to protect human lives as well as millions in revenue by acting as the technical subject matter expert working with asset owners in the assigned territory to sell and deploy cutting edge cyber security technology. As the Senior Industrial Security Engineer you’ll support the education, promotion and adoption of solutions to help asset owners protect their Operational Technology or Industrial Control Systems (ICS) environments. In this role, you will have to be an expert in enterprise security architectures, cybersecurity product suites and technologies, packet and protocol analysis, and comfortable working with a company in a high growth stage.
Key responsibilities: what you will doing day in and day out
- Support partners and targeted accounts during pre-sales, and post-sales activities.
- Work closely with our Sales team, qualify sales opportunities from a technical perspective, present solutions, gather customer requirements and design the architecture to include in quotations.
- Act as technical subject matter expert in client discussions. .
- Develop and deliver complex proof-of-concept projects and technical workshops.
- Follow up with customers for resolution of issues or new feature requests, interacting internally with the Research and Development Team as needed to support product development.
- Be an expert with our Industrial Cyber Security product offerings, acting as key engineering resource to guide cyber security product development and strategy
- Ensure client needs are met and deliverables produced on time according to specified project deliverables/scope
- Allow customers to realize the best outcomes out of company technology
- Follow up with customers for resolution of issues or new feature requests, interacting internally with the Research and Development Team as needed.
Key requirements: without these you’re probably not the best fit
- 10+ years of experience working in customer-facing roles as a Security Consultant, Security Engineer or similar role.
- Extensive experience in network security in a support, design, consultancy or operations role.
- Passion for Operational Technology OT, ICS, SCADA Cyber Security
- Strong knowledge of common networking and security protocols.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of security appliances in large complex environment
- Strong knowledge of information security principles
- Experience with .nix, and virtualization technologies
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and the ability to absolutely tear apart a packet with no remorse.
- Dapper communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Ability and competence and let’s not forget willingness to write technical material for training.
- Ability to work on a team or lead a team depending upon the specified project
- Ability to work well under pressure and handle confrontation when necessary
- Dedicated to being a student of your industry.
- Availability and willingness to travel (60% working time, depending on region)
“Nice to haves”
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Computer Engineering (CE), or Computer Science (CS) or equivalent education/training/experience
- Experience in the field of ICS (Industrial Control Systems) security projects
- OT or ICS Protocol knowledge Modbus, Profinet etc
- Deep understanding that you cannot simply shut down an operators station to patch an outdated machine.
- Security certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GICSP, ISA99 Cybersecurity, IACRB Certified SCADA Security Architect, ISO27001 Lead Auditor)
- Demonstrated project leadership / management skill
- Knowledge of a second language
About Verge Management Group– We are the global leader in connecting our partners with talent for OT/ICS Cybersecurity jobs.
Resumes presented to Verge Management Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to our client company, VMG will shine as a full-service firm. Therefore; you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations.VMG LinkedIn