Global Leader in Talent Acquisition within OT/ICS/IoT Cybersecurity
Position: Senior Technical Instructor
Compensation: Well Above Market – plus equity options
Our client is a market leader in the booming area of Operational Technology (OT), Internet of Things (IoT), and Industrial Control System (ICS) cyber security and is looking for talent globally to continue its success!
As a full-time Sr. Technical Instructor on the Global Education Services team, you will focus on delivering stellar learning experiences for our client’s customers and partners through virtual instructor-led training events and live on-site instructor-led training events.
You will work cross-functionally with SMEs and Professional Services Delivery team members to continually improve our training materials and contribute to our growing catalog of technical training offerings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver in-person on-site and virtual instructor-led training to technical customer and partner audiences globally
- Become a subject matter expert in our client’s software and associated products with in-depth knowledge of deployment best practices
- Utilize modern engagement strategies during live and virtual training to keep our customers and partners excited and involved in learning about our client’s solutions
- Set up, configure, and maintain necessary virtual machines, lab environments and equipment to support training course delivery from a dedicated home office
- Analyze customer training needs and evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of the current curriculum in meeting those needs
- Collaborate with PS and other internal teams for continuous improvements and agile development of hands-on lab exercises and technical training materials
- Participate in the content development sprint reviews to contribute to the development of educational offerings in response to product releases and customer needs
- Deliver virtual training across multiple global time zones as needed
- Travel globally to conduct on-site training for customers and partners as needed, up to 50%.
- Follow department processes for taking attendance, encouraging learner participation, collecting CSAT surveys and other pre- and post-class session duties as assigned
- 3+ years’ experience delivering technical software training to external customers during live in-person and virtual instructor-led events
- Prior technical software training, sales or consulting experience is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency in writing technical instructional content for adult leaners
- Proven ability to expertly present complex technical information to a variety of audiences as evidenced through superior CSAT and/or NPS metrics
- Experience conducting web-based technical software training using virtual learning environments like Skytap or CloudShare
- Excellent interpersonal skills – a dynamic, enthusiastic, upbeat individual who connects well with others
- Keen ability to “read the room” and ensure participants are engaged in learning
- Familiar with modern adult-learning methodologies and web-based tools to enhance virtual training
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- BS degree in Education, Information Technology, Information Security, or related field experience
- Must be US Citizen
Strongly prefer candidates with:
- Experience working in customer-facing roles as a Security Consultant, System Integrator, System Engineer in Operational Technology
- Strong knowledge of information security principles
- Proven understanding of complex networks, protocols and networking technologies
- Experience in the field of ICS (Industrial Control Systems) security projects
- Security certifications (i.e. CISSP, CISA, CISM, GICSP, ISA99 Cyber security, IACRB Certified SCADA Security Architect, ISO27001 Lead Auditor)
Technology and Tools Must Haves:
- VMs and SaaS tools for technical training delivery
- PowerPoint presentation expertise
- Zoom meeting facilitation expertise
- Office 365 and other modern business collaboration tools, Slack, Dropbox, etc.
About Verge Management Group– We are the global leader in connecting our partners with talent for OT/ICS Cybersecurity jobs.
Resumes presented to Verge Management Group are never submitted to a client company unless the candidate authorizes the submission of the resume and agrees to become a candidate for the position.
After your resume is submitted to our client company, VMG will shine as a full-service firm. Therefore; you will be assisted in every way possible throughout the recruiting process, including preparation for the telephone and personal interview, gathering references, evaluating offers and managing the negotiations.VMG LinkedIn